Monday, January 17, 2011

Fear Exhilaration and Fallling from Great Heights — This Old Brain

ladderImage via Wikipedia
by Mike

I saw Sting, the perennial musician and rock star, interviewed on a morning program not too long ago. Sting’s career has included songwriting, singing, acting, producing and he’s been doing this for 30-40 years. He is now going to be producing some of his music with the Berlin Philharmonic as his band.
“My fans are always curious about what I’m going to do next. I want to keep them curious.” ~ Sting
The interviewer asked him why he kept challenging himself. He had certainly done all he needed to do to prove himself. Isn’t it best to bow out when you’re still popular? the interviewer asked. His answer, honestly, left me breathless. He said he knew life would be all over someday, that at some point we all fall. He just didn’t want to fall off the bottom rung of the ladder.

Falling From Great Heights

I would rather burn flying too close to the sun than to sit uncomfortably on my laurels. When it comes time, as it will for all of us, I want to be going over the top of Victoria Falls, not seeing my sad reflection in a slow moving stream.

How about you?

Full Article
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment