Caregiving is an issue that affects all of us—most of us will be caregivers or need care at some point in our lives. Providing care for a loved one can be difficult under any circumstances, but LGBT caregivers, in particular, face several unique challenges.
The Resource Center's caregiving section is designed to address these challenges. Please visit www.lgbtagingcenter.org to check out new caregiving articles, presentations and other resources, including:
- Informative articles on a number of LGBT caregiving issues, from the legal documents LGBT caregivers need, to finding LGBT-friendly home care workers
- Videos that vividly illustrate the issues unique to LGBT caregiving
- Publications for LGBT older adults and service providers, such as financial planning tool kits, tips for working with transgender clients and the latest research on LGBT aging issues
- Links to local resources in communities across the country, from caregiving and health care locators, to LGBT community centers
- Training and continuing education resources for aging services providers and LGBT organizations to help ensure that institutions serving older adults are welcoming to LGBT elders.
Thank you to everyone who took our survey. Your input is an essential part of ensuring that the Resource Center offers the information and tools most needed by LGBT older adults and those who support them. And congratulations to our survey raffle winner, C. Nancy Cook of Richmond, VA!
Director, National Resource Center on LGBT Aging