Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Do you know about the National Resource Directory (NRD)? The NRD connects Wounded Warriors, Service Members, Veterans, family members and caregivers with services and resources at the national, state and local levels that support recovery, rehabilitation and community reintegration. The site offers a number of ways to stay connected, receive valuable information and find resources.
10 Ways to Stay Connected with The National Resource Directory
1. Keep your family, friends and colleagues up to date on programs and services helping Veterans, Service Members and their families by suggesting that they subscribe to National Resource Directory email updates.
2. Become a part of the growing National Resource Directory family on Facebook.
3. Get news and information about resources delivered directly to your desktop when you subscribe to the National Resource Directory’s RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed.
4. Find programs and services near you by visiting the National Resource Directory’s Information by State section.
5. Spread the word about the National Resource Directory by putting a link on your website or blog.
6. Recommend a resource, organization or program in your community that you think should be included on the National Resource Directory through Suggest A Resource.
7. View automatically updated resources available in your state directly on your own website or blog by adding the National Resource Directory's State Widget.
8. Become a member of the National Resource Directory's LinkedIn group and connect with people who share your interests and concerns.
9. Stay up to date on news and events of interest to Veterans and military families by visiting the National Resource Directory's In The News page.
10. Visit the National Resource Directory's Facility and Records Locator page to find the locations of VA facilities and Social Security offices, as well as locations and contact information for military installations and VA records and military personnel records.
Posted by Diana Z. on Apr 5, 2011 5:50:21 AM in Veterans & Military